Auckland : RMLA / NZPI / MfE : National Planning Standards Regional Workshop
The National Planning Standards are a new requirement in the 2017 amendments to the Resource Management Act.
The RMLA, New Zealand Planning Institute and the Ministry for the Environment have partnered to run a series of regional workshops in June 2017 to assist RMLA and NZPI members in preparing for implementation.
All attendees MUST:
- Register here on line
- Read the Introduction to National Planning Standards paper
- Read the topic papers that interest you and that you want to discuss at the workshop – your input is an important part of the development of NZ’s National Planning Standards. General information on the Standards can be found here
- Complete the NPS Priority Ranking List and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the workshop
- Come prepared to participate!
The format these workshops will take is as follows:
3:00–3:10 pm: Afternoon tea
3:10–3:15 pm: Welcome and housekeeping
3:15–3:20 pm: Summary of how this workshop fits into the broader programme of MfE consultation
3:20–3:50 pm: RLAB update and Q&A
3:50–4:05 pm: Rationale for the Planning Standards and the timeframes for development
4:05–4:15 pm: Introduction of staff and instructions for workshop exercise
4:15–4:45 pm: First round of discussions (30 minutes)
4:47–5:12 pm: Second round of discussions (25 minutes)
5:14–5:34 pm: Third round of discussions (20 minutes)
5:35–5:45 pm: Each group coordinator takes 2 minutes each to summarise the topic discussion and any highlight findings
5:45–5:55 pm: Thanks and next steps
6:00 pm: Conclusion
CPD: 2.5 hours
Entry is free of charge, but spaces are limited, so be in quick!
In addition to those regions advertised on this website, workshops will also be held:
- 7 June – West Coast at Buller District Council – please email email@example.com if interested in attending;
- 21 June – Invercargill – please see the NZPI website to register for this
When: 06 June 2017
Time: 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm