LIVE STREAM: Contaminated Land panel session – The future of regulation
Join Paul Evans CEO WasteMINZ, James Court Remediation Manager BP, Davina McNickel Team Leader Contaminated Sites ECan, Dr Dave Bull, Director of HAIL Environmental, and Catherine Schofield, Senior Analyst, Land and Air Policy Team, Ministry for the Environment for a hard-hitting panel discussion with representation from the extractives industry, regional council, environmental NGOs and the Ministry for the Environment.
The panel will discuss their vision for what contaminated land management, and regulation should look like in New Zealand over the next ten years. They will address topical issues such as:
- Should we have more regulation or less regulation?
- What’s better, a local or national approach?
- How do we maintain standards to ensure they remain current and credible?
- Should overseas guidelines and initiatives play a greater role in the development of New
- Zealand’s framework?
- Do we need to focus on more than just human health, should there be more national regulation
- to address discharges, environmental effects of contaminated land?
And much more….
Livestream Panel discussion 5:30pm – 6:30pm
CPD: 1 hour – All virtual event attendees will be emailed a CPD certificate following the event.
Q&A: Virtual attendees can participate in the Q&A as if you were in the room.
Live stream access: Virtual attendees will be sent access details on the morning of October 19.
*In order to receive your access codes for the live stream, please ensure that payment is made prior to October 19.
Thank you to MinterEllisonRuddWatts for kindly hosting this event.
When: 19 October 2017
Time: 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm