Nelson : RMLA / NZPI / MfE : National Planning Standards Regional Workshop
The National Planning Standards are a new requirement in the 2017 amendments to the Resource Management Act.
The RMLA, New Zealand Planning Institute and the Ministry for the Environment have partnered to run a series of regional workshops in June 2017 to assist RMLA and NZPI members in preparing for implementation.
All attendees MUST:
- Register here on line
- Read the Introduction to National Planning Standards paper
- Read the topic papers that interest you and that you want to discuss at the workshop – your input is an important part of the development of NZ’s National Planning Standards. General information on the Standards can be found here
- Complete the NPS Priority Ranking List and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the workshop
- Come prepared to participate!
The format these workshops will take is as follows:
3:00–3:10 pm: Afternoon tea
3:10–3:15 pm: Welcome and housekeeping
3:15–3:20 pm: Summary of how this workshop fits into the broader programme of MfE consultation
3:20–3:50 pm: RLAB update and Q&A
3:50–4:05 pm: Rationale for the Planning Standards and the timeframes for development
4:05–4:15 pm: Introduction of staff and instructions for workshop exercise
4:15–4:45 pm: First round of discussions (30 minutes)
4:47–5:12 pm: Second round of discussions (25 minutes)
5:14–5:34 pm: Third round of discussions (20 minutes)
5:35–5:45 pm: Each group coordinator takes 2 minutes each to summarise the topic discussion and any highlight findings
5:45–5:55 pm: Thanks and next steps
6:00 pm: Conclusion
CPD: 3 hours: Download the CPD Form – National Planning Standards Workshop
Entry is free of charge, but spaces are limited, so be in quick!
In addition to those regions advertised on this website, workshops will also be held:
- 7 June – West Coast at Buller District Council – please email email@example.com if interested in attending;
- 21 June – Invercargill – please see the NZPI website to register for this
When: 13 June 2017
Time: 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Where: Fairfield House