RMLA Auckland and WasteMINZ present: Contaminated Land panel session – The future of regulation
Join Paul Evans CEO WasteMINZ, James Court Remediation Manager BP, Davina McNickel Team Leader Contaminated Sites ECan, Dr Dave Bull, Director of HAIL Environmental, and Catherine Schofield, Senior Analyst, Land and Air Policy Team, Ministry for the Environment for a hard-hitting panel discussion with representation from the extractives industry, regional council, environmental NGOs and the Ministry for the Environment.
The panel will discuss their vision for what contaminated land management, and regulation should look like in New Zealand over the next ten years. They will address topical issues such as:
- Should we have more regulation or less regulation?
- What’s better, a local or national approach?
- How do we maintain standards to ensure they remain current and credible?
- Should overseas guidelines and initiatives play a greater role in the development of New Zealand’s framework?
- Do we need to focus on more than just human health, should there be more national regulation to address discharges, environmental effects of contaminated land?
- And much more….
Registration & networking 5:00pm
Panel discussion 5:30pm – 6:30pm
Networking drinks until 7:00pm
CPD: 1 hour – Please download the flyer and CPD form by clicking here.
Thank you to MinterEllisonRuddWatts for kindly hosting this event.
When: 19 October 2017
Time: 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Where: Minter Ellison Rudd Watts