Other Upcoming Events
- Sep 26, 2013RMLA Conference 2013
- Jul 23, 2013LAWENVIR 716 – Resource Management (Tuesdays and Thursday 5-8pm, 23rd July-29th August)
- Jun 24, 2013IUCN Academy of Environmental Law Colloquium 2013
- Aug 07, 2013EDS Conference : OUR PLACE: State of the Environment 2013
- Jun 06, 2013RMLA & NZPI - The Lawyers vs Planners Wine Tasting Event
- May 28, 2013RMLA Nelson/Marlborough Roadshow : Transportation 101
- May 29, 2013RMLA Wellington : Transportation 101
RMLA Otago/Southland : Expert Conferencing Workshop
This three hour workshop, chaired by Dave Serjeant, Merestone Limited, will cover the purpose and practice of expert conferencing, the Environment Court Practice Note Code of Conduct, the role of the experts in conferencing, distinguishing expert conferencing from mediation, practical issues such as preparation for the conferencing, timing relative to evidence preparation, the use of "will say" statements, role of Commissioners and facilitators, multi-discipline caucusing, client/lawyer interaction with experts, involvement of parties, addressing power imbalances and preparation.
The format will be a combination of provision of information and discussion on the theory behind, and objectives for, best practice approaches to caucusing by the panel, followed by workshop groups. With a view to promoting more consistently applied best practice with the benefit of input and experience from practitioners throughout the regions, Dave Serjeant will reflect on the discussion at each workshop and prepare a report at the conclusion of the Roadshow series.
Date: Friday 13 July 2012
Venue: Anderson Lloyd, Level 10, Otago House, Dunedin
Cost: $20.00 RMLA Member $35.00 Non-RMLA Member (GST inclusive)