Programme Lead – Policy and Strategy
Raukawa is looking for a passionate, experienced and innovative professional to lead and oversee the team focused on the development of policy and strategy for both the co-management framework and the Raukawa Settlement Deed. You will strategically shape Raukawa participation and influence within relevant environmental frameworks.
Click here to download the PDF of this job description.
- Lead policy and strategy within environmental frameworks
- Advocacy, influence and relationship management
- Raukawa kia mau, kia ora – A thriving Raukawa iwi
Located in South Waikato, Raukawa is a progressive post-settlement iwi currently expanding Pūtake Taiao, our Environment Group. We are looking for a passionate, experienced and innovative professional who is strongly committed to delivering exceptional outcomes and futures for our Raukawa communities.
Raukawa is in the implementation phase of the co-management framework for the Waikato River, and giving effect to agreements with both local and central government and other Iwi. As such, we are looking for an experienced professional possessing both strategic vision and a grounded outlook to own a senior role within the team.
You will be responsible for leading and overseeing the team focused on the development of policy and strategy for both the co-management framework and the Raukawa Settlement Deed. You will strategically shape Raukawa participation and influence within relevant environmental frameworks.
Advocacy, influence and utilising the Resource Management Act are central to this position, as is the ability to both build and enhance strong relationships with key partners and stakeholders (internal and external) and providing a senior contribution to Pūtake Taiao development and direction.
You will possess a strong track record in developing high level relationships based on your leadership skills and ability to influence and lead others’ thinking. This will require a high level of self-motivation with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and adaptability and flexibility will be key attributes sought. Proven project management experience will be valued, as will your commitment to creating a great team environment.
Being an effective advocate for Raukawa will be a measure of success for this role, so being able to translate Māori knowledge and world views into the mainstream environmental sector and vice versa will be critical.
This position will focus on:
- Leading Raukawa strategy and influence within policy, planning and environmental frameworks
- Developing and leading the implementation of the co-management framework for the Waikato River and Raukawa
- settlement legislation
- Maintaining and building robust relationships with partners and stakeholders
- Providing leadership within Pūtake Taiao, and contribute to developing capability with the group.
This role would appeal to someone who has:
- A relevant postgraduate tertiary qualification
- Senior level policy or planning experience with the Resource Management Act
- Proven project management skills and experience
- Demonstrated skills in leading, developing and influencing
- Strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills with a high level of self- awareness
- A high level of initiative, flexibility, accountability and a sense of humour.
This is an influential role and will provide a significant opportunity to make a real contribution to the future of Raukawa.
This position is based in Tokoroa however we are open to exploring flexibility around this requirement. There will be travel required so a full clean drivers’ licence will be essential.
Please send your CV with accompanying cover letter through to Heather Walker email@example.com or make direct contact on Ph: (09) 632 1108 for a confidential conversation or for a copy of the job description.
Applications close on Friday 11th November 2016.