Science group strengthen Mycoplasma bovis eradication efforts
A science advisory group has been formed to strengthen current efforts to eradicate Mycoplasma bovis (M. bovis).
The advisory group involves a range of relevant expertise from New Zealand and internationally.
They will contribute their expertise on a range of science matters, including:
- identifying any critical knowledge gaps and ways to address them, including considering emerging technologies and ideas that may help eradicate M. bovis
- prioritisation of M. bovis research efforts
- coordination of current and future science initiatives relating to M. bovis
- learning from other research programmes in New Zealand and internationally
- providing assurance that M. bovis eradication research efforts remain fit for purpose.
The group will hold a workshop in September to get wider input into developing the broader science plan.