Major Projects Leader – Kaipara District Council
Kaipara District Council has an exciting new opportunity to join our Planning and Policy team based in Mangawhai as a Major Projects Leader.
In this role you will be responsible for developing and managing a ‘prioritised work stream’ framework for resource consent applications, developing and managing a framework for escalated enquiries, and co-ordinating and overseeing staff and consultants with the processing of complex resource consent applications.
You will also be responsible for:
- Reviewing resource consents under delegation
- Providing planning advice on complex issues to both internal and external stakeholders
- Stakeholder/business/community engagement and relationship building
- Participate in and provide expertise on strategic planning projects
- Creating and sustaining an innovative, high performance environment
- Quality assurance, reporting and continuous improvement
- Processing complex resource consent applications as required
You will have a tertiary qualification in planning, resource management or a related field, along with:
- At least eight years’ experience in a regulatory processing/planning role, preferably in local government
- Experience processing complex resource consents, including subdivisions
- Project management experience
- Ideally experience managing a team, including consultants
- Understanding of relevant legislation, regulations and bylaws
- Commitment to a strong and consistent customer service philosophy
- Most importantly, you would love to be part of a team of professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in our community
What we can offer:
Apart from our gorgeous location, Kaipara District Council offers a supportive team environment in the midst of positive transformation and change. Mangawhai itself offers a world class coastal lifestyle only 90 minutes’ drive from Auckland and 60 minutes from Whangarei.
- Competitive salary
- Relocation assistance if required, including travel and temporary accommodation
- Professional memberships and ongoing professional development
- Study assistance
- Negotiation on flexible working options
- Promotion opportunities and career pathways
- Health and wellbeing initiatives (yoga, pilates, massage, etc.)
To apply for this job go to: http://kaiparadc.recruitmenthub.co.nz and enter ref code: 4676639.
Applications close 7 June 2019