Raukawa Charitable Trust : Graduate/Intermediate/Senior Planner – Policy and Strategy
Located in the central North Island, Raukawa are a progressive post-settlement iwi currently looking to expand Pūtake Taiao, our Environment Group. We are looking for a passionate professional who is strongly committed to delivering exceptional outcomes and futures for our Raukawa communities.
Raukawa is in the implementation phase of the Co-Management Framework for the Waikato River, and giving effect to our wider treaty settlement arrangements and relationships with central and local government, stakeholders and other iwi. We are looking for a professional who will provide policy and strategy advice across a range of environmental frameworks. The key foci of this role will be able to provide policy and planning advice and to strategically shape Raukawa participation and influence across relevant environmental policy and planning frameworks.
Key responsibilities include:
- Advocacy and protection of the interests of Raukawa within national, regional and district policy and planning frameworks, including resource consents;
- Advancing key deliverables within the implementation of the Co-Management Framework for the Waikato River and settlement legislation; and
- Contributing to the growing and developing capability within the Putake Taiao group.
You will have a tertiary qualification with relevant policy and planning skills and experience in the Resource Management Act with added knowledge of other environmental statutes and the interpretation and application of that legislation. Being an effective advocate for Raukawa will be a measure of success for this role, so being open to and able to translate Maori knowledge and world views into mainstream environmental sector and vice versa will be critical. A high level of self-motivation, political and business acumen with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, as well as adaptability and flexibility will be key attributes sought. Proven project management experience will be valued, as will your commitment to creating a great team environment.
- Diverse and high profile work programme;
- Relationships across the public and private sectors, including global industry leaders;
- A fun, engaging and inclusive work environment;
- Team and personal development opportunities; and
- Health care and family support services.
This is an opportunity to grow your planning skillset or use your existing planning skills and experience, potentially in a different way; and in doing so make a real contribution to the future of Raukawa.
The role is based in Hamilton and Tokoroa and remuneration will be based on skills and experience.
Applications Close: 12noon Monday 19 August 2019.
For more detailed job-related information and to apply, please email Michelle de Beer at email@example.com or ring on 021 798 882. For more information on Raukawa Charitable Trust visit www.raukawa.org.nz