AECOM : Principal / Associate Director, Planning, Hamilton
Are you ready to be part of AECOM’s future?
Be a technical leader and a senior mentor while delivering on exciting and complex multi-disciplinary projects shaping the Waikato’s future.
At AECOM New Zealand we recognise that it is our people that are able to deliver the exceptional client service, ensure outstanding project results and drive winning teams. As clients demand more than simply technical expertise, we fuel our growth and differentiate ourselves in a competitive market by valuing our people and supporting them through market leading work practices. AECOM offers a variety of flexible work options and a wide range of benefits alongside interesting and challenging project opportunities to match career ambitions.
We are looking to appoint a Principal / Associate Director Level professional to work within our Planning and Environment team. This is an exciting opportunity to build key client relationships and lead the delivery of several complex multi-disciplinary projects.
Our team comprises of a range of professionals including environmental scientists and engineers, resource management and urban planners, sustainability specialists and ecologists, who are all passionate about making a positive impact on our local communities and natural environment today and into the future.
As a Principal / Associate Director in our business you will play a key role in providing expert advice and staff mentoring.
Developing and fostering client relationships is also pivotal to the role, ensuring the team’s ability to win and deliver quality projects.
- Providing leadership to our Hamilton based planning team.
- Working at a national level with our senior team to shape and influence key market direction.
- Maintaining and developing regional and national key client relationships.
- Working with the planning and environment team on new business development initiatives
- Preparing, managing and supporting applications requiring statutory approval (i.e resource consents, plan change requests, notices of requirement, etc)
- Representing clients and/or providing expert evidence at statutory hearings
- Providing mentoring and career development opportunities to team members
- 10-15+ years’ experience working on New Zealand Planning projects
- A Resource Management or NZ Planning qualification
- Full NZPI membership or eligibility
- Demonstrated depth of technical experience including infrastructure planning, statutory policy and landuse planning
- Confident in preparing and presenting evidence at Council, Environment Court, BOI hearings
- Previous experience in providing support and mentorship to team members
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men’s equal participation throughout our workplace. We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development and wellbeing:
- A great team
- Fun and challenging work environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Diverse and high profile project work
- Working alongside global industry leaders
- Working on complex and interesting NZ based projects and exposure to offshore projects
Alternatively reach out to email@example.com for a confidential discussion