Team Manager – Environment Court’s Legal and Research team
The Ministry of Justice is recruiting for a Team Manager (to be located in either Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch) to lead our Environment Court’s Legal and Research team.
The Team Manager is responsible for overseeing the delivery of legal research services to Environment Judges, Environment Commissioners and registry staff. The Team Manager ensures operational quality and consistency across the legal research team. The primary focus is to coach, provide professional development and support legal researchers to increase capability and build a culture of high performance. The Team Manager will also provide their own legal and research services to the Environment Court.
This is a new position, so the opportunity exists to shape it. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, people-leader with demonstrated skill managing teams. You will be working closely with the Chief Environment Court Judge to prioritise workload, monitor the quality and consistency of output. You will need to build and maintain effective and robust relationships with the Environment Court bench together with Ministry of Justice personnel and external stakeholders and you will be expert at driving a high-performance culture where standardisation, consistency and accountability are underpinned by the values of respect, integrity, service and excellence.
To be successful in this role, you will need the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- A tertiary legal qualification, preferably double-Batchelors, LLM or equivalent
- Proven leadership skills to motivate and lead staff.
- Significant legal capability including sound knowledge of the Resource Management Act and other legislation giving jurisdiction to the Environment Court.
- Significant technical (IT) capability
- Well-developed interpersonal skills which will enable you to establish good stakeholder relationships and to be able to motivate others.
If you fit the bill you will be joining our team at a challenging and genuinely exciting time. We would offer the successful person the opportunity to make a difference, the chance to be part of a vibrant and dynamic team, learn new and interesting things, and gain experience in a wide range of areas.
To apply go to:
Applications close on 31 January 2020