Aecom : Technical Directors – Planning
HAMILTON AND AUCKLAND
Be a technical leader within our national environment practice delivering on exciting and complex urban
and environmental planning projects.
We are appointing Technical Directors to take on key leadership and technical project delivery roles working across our national planning practice. You will be a key leader within both our national environment team and our technical planning practice. This is an excellent opportunity to further raise your national profile working within a strong and supportive team. We are leading the delivery of some of New Zealand’s most complex and transformational planning and environmental management projects including City Rail Link (Link Alliance), Supporting Growth Alliance and New Zealand’s first National Climate Change Risk Assessment (NCCRA). You will be working with technical leaders across our national environment business in statutory and policy planning, sustainability, stakeholder engagement and natural resource management. In addition to our local team you will have opportunities to draw on our international planning networks and work collaboratively with our ANZ colleagues on best practice planning, innovation and project delivery.
You will be a key technical advisor providing expert advice and guidance to internal and external clients as well as mentoring staff to achieve their goals. Quality technical outputs, client relationships and successful project team leadership are pivotal to this role:
- Working at a national level with our senior team to shape and influence key market direction. The Hamilton based role is also an opportunity to focus on growing our local planning team and project portfolio.
- Maintaining and developing key client relationships.
- Preparing and managing applications requiring statutory approval (i.e. resource consents, across diverse industry sectors, notices of requirement, assessment of environmental effects).
- Providing strategic and policy planning advice on local, regional and national planning policy.
- Representing clients and providing expert evidence at statutory hearings.
- Mentoring and career development support to team members.
- Passionate, collaborative and supportive team member.
- 15+ years’ experience working on New Zealand Urban and/or Environmental Planning projects.
- A Resource Management or NZ Planning qualification (a masters degree qualification is an advantage).
- Full NZPI membership or eligibility.
- Demonstrated depth of technical experience including urban and/or environmental planning in areas of strategic, policy and/or statutory planning.
- Confident in preparing and presenting evidence at Council, Environment Court and BOI hearings.
- Previous experience in providing quality technical support and mentorship to team members.
- Excellent analytical, writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men’s equal participation throughout our workplace. We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development and wellbeing:
- A great team
- Fun and challenging work environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Diverse and high profile project work
- Working alongside global industry leaders
- Working on complex and interesting NZ based projects and exposure to offshore projects
Get in touch if you’re interested in learning more about AECOM and the opportunities for you as a Technical Director within our business. For a confidential discussion Contact Kim Hardy Group Director Environment firstname.lastname@example.org or Sherinne de Fanti Sherinne.deFanti@aecom.com
Please include preferred location in Application