RM Knowledge Hubs
Role and Functioning of RM Knowledge Hubs
Knowledge Hubs are designed to enable RMLA members who are experts in particular fields, or who are interested in developing their expertise, to:
- share and receive information about relevant developments;
- help identify opportunities for networking and practice development;
- influence the development of high quality policy and legislation in their area of interest by contributing to relevant RMLA submissions on those matters.
RMLA offers the following benefits to Knowledge Hub members:
- targeted e-alerts and notification of relevant RMJ articles;
- opportunities to promote the Knowledge Hubs and its members through RMLA’s annual conference, such as a session to explore developments relevant to the Knowledge Hub topic (subject to conference topic and capacity to accommodate sessions);
- reports/promotion of Knowledge Hub activities in Resource Management News
- a Knowledge Hub action plan to guide activities through the year;
- identification in the RMLA directory that the member is a Knowledge Hub member or leader.
Each Knowledge Hub will have a leader who will lead achievement of the Knowledge Hub action plan. Knowledge Hub leaders will also co-ordinate preparation of draft submissions, where appropriate, on proposed policy or legislation relevant to their topic (RMLA will assist with a standard template and will be responsible for finalising and lodging submissions).
Administrative support is provided by Karol Helmink, such as provision of a template for seeking input on submissions. Email information is provided via ‘blind carbon copy’ to provide privacy of email addresses.
If you are already a member of RMLA, and wish to add or update your Knowledge Hubs, then please log in to your User Profile to update these by following these steps:
- Log in to the RMLA website at www.rmla.org.nz/login/
- Click on User Profile on the left-hand side
- Scroll down to the Knowledge Hubs
- Select each Hub you are interested in (holding the Control key (PC) or Command key (MAC) to select more than one)
- Click Update Profile
Knowledge Hub Leaders’ contact details are listed below.
The publication of the email addresses of RMLA personnel (“recipient”) on this or any other page of this website does not constitute the consent of the recipient to receiving unsolicited commercial electronic messages.