Young RMLA Wellington and Emerging Planners : Plan Change 101
Young RMLA Wellington and Emerging Planners invite you to ‘Plan Change 101’ on Wednesday 18 July at DLA Piper.
This session is aimed at newer practitioners (ie, those with less than 5 years of experience). You’ll learn about the plan change process from some of the industry’s most experienced practitioners – Planner Mark St Clair, Director of Hill Young Cooper LTD; and Lawyer Stephen Quinn, RMA Partner at DLA Piper. The session will include an overview of:
- What plans are, why we have them, and the hierarchy of planning instruments in New Zealand,
- Section 32 evaluation reports for proposed plan changes,
- Different planning processes, including the traditional Schedule 1 process and new streamlined and collaborative processes,
- The public notification and submission processes,
- Council hearings and decisions,
- The Environment Court appeal process… and much more!
The session will be followed by networking, providing a great opportunity to pick the brains of our seasoned presenters, and to meet some of your colleagues in the field.
CPD: 1 hour
Don’t miss out, register now at www.rmla.org.nz!
When: 18 July 2018
Time: 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Where: DLA Piper